SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania • Job Opportunity
Position: Campaign Communications Specialist
Location: Pennsylvania (various locations statewide)
The Campaign Communications Specialist develops effective campaign strategies, messages and communications tools in support of health care workers’ organizing and issue advocacy campaigns to support our work with hospitals, nursing home and home care workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Campaign Communications Specialist performs a wide range of duties, collaborating with healthcare workers, union officers, campaign leaders, organizers and other staff to develop and implement effective strategies to support workers who desire to form a union at their workplace or in their field as well as win campaigns that raise living standards for all Pennsylvanians. In a typical campaign, the Campaign Communications Specialist…
- Coordinates with colleagues to frame and craft campaign messages that will resonate with different audiences.
- Implements strategy and outreach to generate positive media coverage of the union’s members, goals and campaigns.
- Plans and coordinates media events including training and preparing workers to be effective spokespersons.
- Produces worksite and community leaflets, newsletters, brochures, as well as creating content for email, website and social media platforms.
- Uses digital tools to engage a variety of audiences to advance campaign goals.
- Performs other duties as required to support the work of the union.
- Two to three years’ experience in communications or digital organizing.
- A demonstrated passion for social and economic justice.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in graphic design. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Familiarity with managing Facebook and Twitter; experience with other digital tools and social media networks
- Ability to take creative direction, juggle multiple simultaneous projects and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Experience with photography and creating or editing videos is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred but not required.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with periodic attendance at union rallies and events required. Long and extended hours and travel in state may be required.
Competitive salary package and benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Based in Pennsylvania
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and design sample (if available) to email@example.com. Please include the words COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in the title of your email.
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is the largest and fastest growing union of caregivers across the continuum of healthcare. We are the nurses, professional and technical employees, direct care, and service workers in Pennsylvania’s hospitals, nursing homes, home and community based care services, and state health facilities. Together, we work to unite all nurses and healthcare workers, organize at work and in the community, drive public policy and legislation, and build a broad, strong movement for good jobs, quality care, and healthy communities across Pennsylvania.
Together, we advocate to protect patient care and expand access to quality health care for all. We fight to improve our working conditions and make sure that the healthcare industry creates more good, family sustaining jobs. We organize in our communities for racial equality and social justice. We lift each other up and create pathways for ordinary nurses and healthcare workers to become extraordinary leaders for change.
We are part of SEIU, the largest union in the country and a leader of the Fight for $15. Together, we are taking on corporate power and helping to build a wider movement for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice.