SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is looking for a Digital Campaign Specialist to design and drive breakthrough communications and organizing strategies with healthcare workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Digital Campaign Specialist performs a wide range of duties within the Communications Department, collaborating with healthcare workers, union officers, campaign leaders, organizers and other staff to develop and implement effective strategies to support workers and win campaigns. In a typical union campaign, the Digital Campaign Specialist will…
- Generate opportunities to identify and engage union campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc.
- Utilize social media and texting programs to maximize digital list building
- Deepen supporters sense of identity and involvement with the campaign, including both online and offline engagement
- Produce creative and engaging content for social media, including graphics and video
- Assist in updating and maintaining the local union website and social media channels
- Lead effective implementation of digital campaigns, recommending changes and modifications
- Analyze systems and recommend improvements
- Design and monitor all metrics
- Supervise the response handling and assist in campaign information distribution
- Work to create and implement short- and long-term digital strategies
- Document all campaign strategies and prepare all promotional activities
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to design campaign messaging around healthcare worker issues
- Study the landscape of national and Pennsylvania digital communications and identify key voices to amplify our messaging
- Expand the reach of the union’s social media
- Develop relationships with activists, digital practitioners and influencers across the state
- Work with union member leaders and staff to collect engaging video content on the ground
- Perform data-entry tasks to track the success of social media campaigns
- Support the work of the Communications Department and carry out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Two to three years’ experience in media, communications, or online organizing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills plus design and layout proficiency
- Ability to edit basic video for social media use
- Strong analytical skills and comfort breaking down and attacking open ended problems.
- Ability to build strong relationships inside and out of the organization.
- Strong project management skills: ability to juggle multiple projects, organize and prioritize, and respond quickly to changes (agency experience a plus).
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage tasks.
- Desire to be a digital thought leader and influencer to the growth and culture of the union
- Must be willing and able to make data-driven decisions and function in a ROI driven environment
- Continuous test-and-learn mentality.
About SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania:
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is the fastest growing, most dynamic organization uniting 45,000 hospital, nursing home, and home health care workers from all areas of the healthcare industry. We are the nurses, caregivers, dietary workers, lab technicians and housekeepers who work in Pennsylvania’s nursing homes, hospitals, home health care, state health facilities and auxiliary health care services. Together, we advocate to protect patient care and expand access to quality health care for all. We fight to improve our working conditions and make sure that the healthcare industry creates more good, family-sustaining jobs. We organize in our communities for racial equality and social justice. We lift each other up and create pathways for ordinary nurses and healthcare workers to become extraordinary leaders for change. We are part of SEIU, the largest union in the country and a leader of the Fight for $15 and a Union; together we are taking on corporate power and helping to build a wider movement for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with periodic attendance at union rallies and events required. Long and extended hours and travel in state may be required.
Competitive salary package and benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pennsylvania (various locations)
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to: email@example.com
Please include the words DIGITAL CAMPAIGN SPECIALIST in the title of your email.