SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania • Job Opportunity
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania unites 45,000 nurses and healthcare workers across the continuum of care. We are the nurses, professional and technical employees, direct care and service workers who work in Pennsylvania’s hospitals, nursing homes, home and community based care services, and state health facilities. Together, we work to unite all nurses and healthcare workers, organize at work and in the community, drive public policy and legislation, and build a broad, strong movement for good jobs, quality care, and healthy communities across Pennsylvania.
Position: Database Administrator
Role: The Database Administrator is a critical member of our Data & Analytics Team who maintains and improves our membership database, works with office staff and the Data & Analytics Director on key union functions such as processing member lists to update our systems, dues procedures/analysis, and continuing to innovate new ways to increase efficiencies and utilize new technology to make our lists cleaner, and our data better.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, monitor, update, and continually improve the membership database
- Process and track all lists from union employers
- Work with office staff on data protocols, templates, and troubleshooting
- Work with finance on batch processes and dues conversion
- Work with Member Resource Center on system needs
- Use Access or similar tools to populate front-end version of database for organizers
- Build automated reports, emails, and systems to populate data and give staff needed information
- Maintain and innovate systems and protocols including different automations to make our database more efficient
- Various office responsibilities including building and tracking staff accountability systems including Performance Planning, lobbying reports, and timesheet audits
- Experience with CRMs required (UnionWare knowledge highly recommended)
- Familiarity in MS Access/Macros/VBA required
- 3+ years experience within Excel/GoogleSheets required
- SQL/Python experience recommended
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively around the results of your work
Union staff are expected to work long and irregular hours (on average 55-60 hours per week), with work on weekends and holidays when necessary. Some travel for union events is required.
Competitive salary package, benefit package includes health insurance, defined-benefit pension, optional 401(k), etc.
Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the words “Database Administrator” in the title of your email.
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.