Summary: SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is looking for an experienced organizer to play a leadership role in campaigns for social justice and strong unions in eastern Pennsylvania.
Position: Campaign Coordinator
Location: Based in eastern Pennsylvania
About SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania: SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is the fastest growing, most dynamic worker organization in our state, uniting 45,000 hospital, nursing home and home health care workers from all areas of the health care industry. We are the nurses, caregivers, dietary workers, lab technicians and housekeepers who work in Pennsylvania’s nursing homes, hospitals, home health care, state health facilities and auxiliary health care services. Together, we advocate to protect patient care and expand access to quality health care for all. We fight to improve our working conditions and make sure that the healthcare industry creates more good, family sustaining jobs. We organize in our communities for racial equality and social justice. We lift each other up and create pathways for ordinary nurses and healthcare workers to become extraordinary leaders for change. We are part of SEIU, the largest union in the country and a leader of the Fight for $15 and we’re united to take on corporate power and build a wider movement for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Campaign Coordinator performs a wide range of duties focused on working with union leaders and collaborating with community partners to guide strategic campaigns to build power for working families in the eastern Pennsylvania region. The work of the Campaign Coordinator includes:
- Uniting union workers with our community and political allies to enhance internal and external organizing programs and social movement building campaigns
- Supporting union organizers to develop plans and skills to engage every SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania member
- Identifying, recruiting, and training union members and non-union healthcare workers to become effective leaders in strategic campaigns
- Designing, planning and facilitating meetings, rallies, direct action, and other ways for working families to come together and exercise their collective power as part of labor and social movement building campaigns
- Campaigning creatively around healthcare problems and other public policy issues that impact working families and generate coverage in the local media
- Building progressive coalitions and representing the union in relationships with issue stakeholders and workers’ allies to advance our shared agenda
- Helping working families tell their stories through public speaking, video, social media, and other communications
- Using digital tools to effectively engage workers, build networks, and communicate
- A strong commitment to social, racial and economic justice and the desire to work hard to win
- Excellent ability to communicate with, listen to, and move people to action, and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong community or labor organizing experience with demonstrated discernment and good judgement in leadership roles in campaign organizing and political action
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of accountability to shared goals
- Ability to build and sustain deep partner relationships
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Digital, social media and data management literacy
Travel: The position requires a valid driver’s license, a car, and willingness to travel and work on the road as required within Pennsylvania. SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania provides mileage reimbursement at the Federal rate and lodging when working away from home.
Compensation: Competitive salary package and benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), option 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance.
Equal Opportunity: SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the words “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line.